Please try the beta release of Motor 0.7 and let me know how it works for
you:

python -m pip install motor==0.7b0

Documentation:

   - Motor beta documentation <https://motor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>
   - Motor 0.7 changelog
   <https://motor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/changelog.html>

In two ways, Motor 0.7 paves the way for Motor 1.0: First, for asynchronous
I/O, Motor now uses a thread pool. It no longer needs the "greenlet" package,
and it now requires the "futures" backport package on Python 2. See my blog
post explaining the change <https://emptysqua.re/blog/motor-0-7-beta/>.

Second, Motor 0.7 upgrades its PyMongo dependency from 2.8 to 2.9, and it
wraps all the new PyMongo 2.9 APIs. This provides you a bridge from Motor's
legacy API to the new APIs that will be required in Motor 1.0. See the Motor
1.0 Migration Guide
<http://motor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/migrate-to-motor-1.html>.

Try the beta and let me know how it goes. Tell me about bugs
<https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/MOTOR>, and also tell me if the beta works
for you, so I can release Motor 0.7 confidently.

Peace,
—A. Jesse Jiryu Davis