On Tue, 20 Sep, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Leo Huckvale <leohuckv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

At the "Adopt a Teacher/Developer" session at PyCon UK last weekend, I and a couple of other developers met with a teacher who suggested building a forum/portal/Q&A site for educators and developers to interact. The main aims of this would be to provide somewhere:

- where educators could go and ask questions from developers (at *any* level, without fear, and preferably at short notice)
- to continue "ed-dev" dialogue from PyCon throughout the year
- to build a community around teaching Python in schools

It was suggested to me that this might fit somewhere under the PSF mantle, and that there are already plans afoot to build an education site there.

One of our number is currently setting up an Askbot site, so we can get a few developers and educators on board and see how it goes.

Please get in touch if you have any comments or know of any similar projects, or if you want to join in the fun as an educator or developer!

Best regards,
Leo Huckvale

Hi there,

Not sure if you're aware of it already (it might have been mentioned during the session; I wasn't at PyCon) but an organisation which might be of interest to you is Computing at Schools [1] which does a number of things like providing resources, offers courses (such as in Python) and which offers scholarships for people looking to move into computing teaching. It has a forum which anyone can sign up for and there are some discussions there with teachers, and it's part of the British Computer Society. Nicholas Tollervey who posts here has some involvement as he organised some Python training for the micro:bit for computing school teachers through their network earlier in the year.

[1] https://www.computingatschool.org.uk

Best wishes,

Ryan Pepper
PhD Student
Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generation Computational Modelling
University of Southampton