About Us

Market Access Transformation is a radical and disruptive tech company
that revolutionises the way advice is exchanged between healthcare
stakeholders including payers, manufacturers, and the investment
community.

We are soon to lose our senior back-end engineer to take up a
Fellowship in the Django Foundation. Go Mariusz! So we are looking for
an experienced back-end developer to take on his responsibilities and
strengthen a dedicated development team.

Our service, RPR, is a constantly evolving B2B application built on a
well-architected Django API (Go Mariusz!). We are currently using
AngularJS (we are moving to Angular 6 this year) on the front end with
Python, Django and PostgresSQL on the back - all sitting on AWS.

We are a small informal team and always looking for ways to improve
how we do things. We make use of Jenkins, Selenium and also Jira,
Slack and Zoom to manage the work. We work remotely with folk in
far-flung places meeting up in person twice a year (expenses paid) and
I need someone who is comfortable working in this environment.

If you are based in UK, US or India this could be a permanent role
with bonus, pension, holidays, etc. but the contract option is
available for everyone.

The application process consists of a quick coding exercise, an
initial 30-minute remote interview followed by a further 30-60 minute
interview. All can be done over Zoom, Skype, etc.

Job Description

Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Senior Back-end Engineer will:

Play a key role in developing and maintaining MAT’s RPR™ portal
Be a technical leader within the MAT team
Collaborate with experienced engineers, designers and analysts
Make use of great tools and techniques including Django, Python and
PostgreSQL to deliver great software and maintain the technology
platform

Responsibilities

Work in a cross-functional agile team to build important new
application features for the RPR™ platform
Lead by example - writing great code and helping others to do the same
Work closely with the Head of Technology to design and architect the
RPR™ platform
Deliver tested and functionally complete software components that meet
requirements
Focus on the back-end but be expected to contribute your experience at
all levels of the stack
Collaborate with software engineers, analysts and other stakeholders
and take opportunities to learn and lead as they arise
Take ownership of the RPR™ API and be a go-to person for back-end
technical knowledge
Help drive quality and improve coding standards, testing, delivery
processes and tooling
Offer technical support and leadership as required to MAT colleagues
Think imaginatively about problems and give your opinion and listen to others

Experience and Expertise

You will have at least 6 years of professional software development experience
You will have full-stack web development experience with excellent
back-end skills
You will have shown technical leadership in a team environment
You will have a solid understanding of system design and a good
understanding of API architecture
You will have deep and demonstrable knowledge of Python and Django and
you will know how to develop high quality API components with these
tools
You will have experience of using a broad set of web application
technologies including JavaScript, AngularJS/Angular, HTML5 and CSS3
You will know your way around different data platforms such as
PostgreSQL and Druid
You will be used to working with tools like Git, Jira, Jenkins,
Selenium and the AWS environment and you will have a good
understanding of version control, release management, TDD and testing.
You will appreciate how the software development lifecycle works in a small team
You are comfortable working in a security-conscious context and you
understand the importance of OWASP best practices, penetration testing
and data encryption; and
You will enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating closely
with remote colleagues

Travel

Occasional international travel

Application

The application process consists of a quick coding exercise, an
initial 30-minute remote interview followed by a further 30-60 minute
interview. All can be done over Zoom, Skype, etc.

UK – Fleet Office
Ste G02D Centaur House
Ancells Business Park
Fleet GU51 2UJ