I am trying to use pip (9.0.1) in my macosx (python 2.7.10) but whenever I
install any package I keep getting these errors:

    Collecting flask
    Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x10b8fa310>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61]
Connection refused',)': /simple/flask/
    Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x10b8fa110>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61]
Connection refused',)': /simple/flask/
    Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x10b8fa550>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61]
Connection refused',)': /simple/flask/
    Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x10b8fa850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61]
Connection refused',)': /simple/flask/
    Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x10b8facd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61]
Connection refused',)': /simple/flask/

I read that I need to use the -proxy flag in order to by pass these issues
but I am not sure how to do that. How can I configure the proxy server in
mac? I am not familiar with this. Any help would be appreciated.