I'm trying to understand how to detect a user pressing Escape, or
clicking on Cancel when win32gui.GetOpenFileNameW() is called.

When I press escape when the FileOpen dialogue is present, I see the
following error with Python2.5/PWin32 Build 210

error: (0, 'GetOpenFileNameW', 'No error message is available')

Would someone explain what this means, or how to detect the above situations?

My call looks like this

filter='Patches'
        customfilter='All Files'
        unicodeFilenames=None
        unicodeFilenames, customfilter, flags =
win32gui.GetOpenFileNameW(Filter=filter,
        CustomFilter=customfilter,
        FilterIndex=1,
        File='*.pch',
        InitialDir=os.getcwd(),
        Title='Select Input Files',
        Flags=win32con.OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT|win32con.OFN_EXPLORER,
        DefExt='.pch')