pacopyc wrote:
> Ok, thank you very much. Very good with set administrator password (it
> works), but I've problem with installed software. The list is not
> complete (I don't understand). For example key "Adobe Flash Player
> ActiveX" return this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<pyshell#49>", line 1, in <module>
>    key = OpenKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
> 'Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash
> Player ActiveX', 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS)
> WindowsError: [Error 2] Impossibile trovare il file specificato
> (Impossible find file)
>
> But key "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe
> Flash Player ActiveX" exists.
> What's the problem? The spaces? I don't think so.

Well, in that SPECIFIC line, you aren't escaping the backslashes.  You
either need to use the "r" prefix on that string, or double all the
backslashes.

Why are you using "import wmi" for this, if you're just doing straight
registry parsing?

You're asking for KEY_ALL_ACCESS, which is read and write permission.
If you only need read access, perhaps you should just ask for read
permission.