Feist, Doug wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance as I am a user of just 2 weeks. I just
> received a new PC with XP 64-bit OS installed. I am having
> difficulties with running our applications and it appears to be PyVisa
> related. I have installed the following:
>
> Python 2.5.1 (due to our internal software apps support level)
>
> pywin32-210.win32-py2.5.exe
>
> vcredist_x64.exe (64-bit DLL library?)
>
> PyVisa-1.2.win32.exe

Did you install the 32-bit version of Python?  (I'm guessing you did.)
You seem to have the 32-bit versions of both pywin32 and PyVisa there.
If so, you need the 32-bit Visual C++ redistributable
(vcredist_x86.exe), not 64-bit.  The 64-bit operating systems can run
either 32-bit programs or 64-bit programs, but a 32-bit program must use
all 32-bit DLLs.  There is no way to cross between the two.

How did you get a "new PC" with XP 64?  XP 64 is a weird beast.
Microsoft never actually built a 64-bit version of XP.  What you have
there is the Windows Server 2003 64-bit kernel, but they took a text
editor to change the version name to "XP".