Vernon Cole wrote:
I ran into the same problem using adodbapi. I tracked it down to the COM
call which errored out, and decided that maybe it was a Microsoft problem
and ignored it, just leaving the application broken on that feature.  If
pyODBC can do it, then the problem must be in the COM routines in pywin32.
I can throw together a quick example of the failure if that will help with debugging. It involves a sample SQL data table that must be imported for the
test and is not small (several recorded telephone calls as blobs)-- so I
will only do it if needed. Does anyone (Mark?) need it?
--

I think I spotted a problem with the buffer resizing logic in the odbc module.
Can you send me your table layout so I can verify it's fixed for your case ?

Regarding adodbapi, it seems to use the DefinedSize property
unconditionally, but this property won't be present for columns without
a size limit.

    Roger