Klonuo wrote:
>> No, if I go this way, I would probably stop maintaining
>> the current implementation. I don't want to have to
>> support two backends on Windows, and some of the things
>> I intend to do with Windows Forms would be impractical
>> to do using the raw Win32 API.
> With all due respect to maintainers of .NET connectors, but this kind of
> thinking is one of the main reasons why I'm always avoiding any kind of .NET
> application - in majority they are suboptimal on several scales and give
> "developers" freedom to do things they shouldn't, by abusing precious
> resources.

That depends entirely on what resources you value.  It is much quicker
to develop .NET applications than it is to write straight to the API, in
part because the CLR support is so vast.  My time is WAY more valuable
than my computer's time.  I paid for 4GB of memory in my computer.
Memory that is not being used is simply being wasted.

I still do most of my programming in C++ because I like having control,
but there is nothing wrong with .NET.