Dear Gurus:

I have committed to the django community that I would provide a prototype
remote adodbapi function -- so that django running on Linux will be able to
open a MS SQL Server database. This work, if successful, may be expected to
result in SQL Server support becoming part of mainstream django. The major
modifications to adodbapi to support this are complete: you can now use
keyword arguments (like user= and host=) in your .connect() call and have
them inserted into your connection string.

I am trying to create a remote api connection using PyRO to communicate
with a server utility on Windows.  I can actually execute a simple query
now.

It occurred to me this morning that using PyRO to emulate remote COM calls
may not be the smartest design.  Perhaps I should be using DCOM -- that is
what DCOM was designed for after all.  A quick check shows that there are a
number of Linux DCOM implementations out there, from both the WINE and
SAMBA communities, and even a commercial version.  Let me start by saying
that I know absolutely nothing about DCOM, including the level of DCOM
support in pywin32.  (I did not know much about PyRO either, before last
week.)

So I am asking advice on which way to jump:
1) stick with PyRO all the way.
2) drop the PyRO effort immediately and start using DCOM.
3) go ahead and finish a basic remote client using PyRO, but plan on
re-doing it in DCOM for full functionality.
???
Vernon