You will probably need the help of an experienced Python programmer to do
what you wish, but the tools are all available, and you came to the correct
place to find them.  [ -- almost -- Normally, adodbapi is included in
pywin32, but Mark and I had a communications failure with the current
release, so you will have to download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi until the next pywin32 release.]

The good news is that using the adodbapi module, you can read and write
data from from an Access database using SQL, almost as if it were on a real
database server -- and you do not need to have Access on your computer to
do it.

The bad news is that some Geoprocessing tools you may want for your
application only work if you use the Python which is built in to ArcGis --
and it might be a bit tricky to install pywin32 in it -- since they install
it in a non-standard location.

The better news is that there are also third-party libraries of
Geoprocessing tools for Python that can used outside of ArcGis that might
do what you need, assuming that your Geographic database is served on a
capable server like PostgreSQL (PostGIS) or Microsoft SQL Server (both of
which are also supported by adodbapi.)

Feel free to contact me offline if you want some references.
--
Vernon Cole