I think you are saying that you have an Excel spreadsheet which imports
data from an ODBC data source, as talked about in Overview of connecting to
(importing) data
<https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/Overview-of-connecting-to-importing-data-c0ad7aec-ff1a-4e48-9c21-dc18a102433f>
.

If that is correct, then my suggestion would be to eliminate Excel from the
picture, and manipulate the database directly using Python and SQL.
Unfortunately, the version of adodbapi which ships with the present latest
version of pywin32 is broken, so you will have to download directly from
http://sf.net/projects/adodbapi until the next release. Using ADO you can
write SQL commands to manipulate data in any ODBC data source, or in an
ACCESS database, or in an Excel spreadsheet.