Hey,

« is the Python script persistent (is it running continuously in the
background) or launched for each transaction? »

-       Currently, the script is launched for each transaction. As I understand
your proposition, when the web page is open,

       an ajax request should call a python script which open a thread between
the machine and the serial peripheral, right ?

-       is it hard to code this kind of mechanism ? To be honest I've never
worked with thread.

-       Even if I find a way to open a thread with the serial port or to keep
it open with a loop, is it possible to send it orders ?

-       Is there someone who has already experience that kind of situation ?

Thank you for your answer.

Best wishes

Yann Schoeni

Municipalité de Moutier