On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:11 PM, Simon McConnell <simonmcconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to dispatch a COM interface of a program that is set to "Run as
> Administrator" in the Compatibility Settings of its properties.  Running the
> script w/o elevation results in a 'requires elevation' error.  Running the
> script with elevation results in a 'server execution failed' error, which I
> understand to be "I can't find that thing".

No, actually.  That's 0x80080005, which is a DCOM "access denied" error.  Are
you quite sure this account has the privileges needed to run this software?

> Removing the "Run as Administrator" from the Compatibility settings and
> running the script w/o elevation works, but unfortunately, this program needs
> to be run as administrator.

So, are you saying you don't need elevation to call this server, you only need
it for other parts?  Can you spawn the COM access into a separate process?
—