Most likely, you are running a 64  bit version of Python.
Due to Windows restrictions, only 32 bit programs can talk to each other.
If you download and install a 32 bit version of Python, you may find
success.
PyCharm and Windows will happily allow multiple versions of Python to work
alongside each other.
Select your Python version under File --> Settings --> Project --> Python
Interpreter