win32ui is a wrapper around the MS "MFC" library. I suspect that there are reasons that can't be built for MSYS2, but you'd need to ask whoever packages that version up - it's not released by the pywin32 project.

Cheers,

Mark

On 2023-05-25 8:29 a.m., Kristiine Silinja wrote:
Hi!

I am running MSYS2 on Windows 10 (64bit) with Python 3.10.11. I was able to install https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-python-pywin32 using pacman. However, it seems that the installation is missing the win32ui library. I see files for other modules, but no mention of win32ui. win32api, win32print, win32con can be imported, but win32ui import, as expected, throws ModuleNotFoundError.

Has anyone encountered this issue in the MSYS2 environment? Is there a way to fix it?

Note: pywin32 306 build installed.

pip under MSYS2 gives
python -m pip install --upgrade pywin32
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32 (from versions: none)

With best regards,
/-Kristiine Silinja/