On Sep 3, 2006, at 2:34 AM, Beni Cherniavsky wrote:

On 02/09/06, Ido Abramovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry that I couldn't come, could you please update us on what happend at
the blitz? how was it? was it fruitful? techincal issues to be delt with
next time?

Nir hosted the blitz; Amit, Kobi and mysef came.
Nir couldn't host on Friday, so we stayed until 2am  on Thursday
instead  :-).  Hope weren't too much of an annoyance...

Deliverables:
- We made a proof-of-concept interactive python prompt.  (I fixed some
bugs since.)
- We translated the turtle module.  (Nir added 2 cool examples since.)

Kobi added those, I just rewrote one.

Architecture:
- We implemented bi-directional translation which will help with
tracebacks and editing when we reach them.

Or translating Python source to Hebrew Python.

- We agreed programs should be saved in English on disk, only
translated by the GUI.

I think it is too early to decide on that. It depends on the common use case which we don't know currently. For example, if a common use is to edit the scripts using the user preferred editor, we must save the hebrew source.

- We are still not decided whether module members should be translated
by writing a wrapper module in Hebrew (Noam's idea) or in the global
dictionary.

Currently we have a translation of turtle module in a global dictionary.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer

לענות