On 4/16/07, Ronnie Maor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just joined a new startup and trying to build a case for using python as
the main programming language. Performance shouldn't be a problem for this
application, and the main considerations are quick development cycle and
maintainability.
It would really help if I could give examples of companies that use python
as a significant part of their main application / business logic.
Can anyone give such examples? preferably from your companies, other
israeli companies you know, or well known and successful non-israeli
companies?

Omri Reuter - does python play such a role in egloo or is it a glue for
logic in another language?
Ori Peleg - IIRC you mentioned rewriting the ORM for your company in
python?

Another thing:
Before I raised the python idea, the leading thoughts were C# (windows
dependency isn't a problem). My thoughts were on using IronPython with C#
(for extensions, and using .NET libraries), and I think python would be more
powerful as the framework language, with C# in specific areas instead of the
other way around.
One risk is that IronPytnon is relatively new. Anyone have experience with
it? know how stable it is?
anyone think using IronPython or python in general for such a purpose is a
bad idea?

your comments much appreciated

Take a look on http://www.python.org/about/success/ may be this will help
you.

massive changes in the project.
There are cases where you want to change type of variable, function return
type or argument and ask a compiler to find all places it is used. Unit
tests help to deal with the problem and keep project in a good shape.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding

לענות