Hi,

After a year break I would like to try to organize another OSDC in
Israel around Februray 2008. The conference is planned to be 3 days
long with 3-4 parallel tracks.

The first step for this is to assemble the list of organizers,
especially the content managers and language liaisons.

I would like to have 4 main tracks in the conference, one for each one
of the P languages:
Perl, Python, PHP and Ruby.

For each track I need one or better two person who will act as content managers.

The task of the content manager is to
1) make sure the community knows about the conference
2) make sure when we set the date it does not conflict with some event
of the community
   (e.g. German Perl Workshop, PyCon tend to be in February)
3) Find speakers and other people who will generate *good* content
4) Fnd a star speaker possibly from abroad (if we have the budet for
the invitation)
5) Get the speakers to submit their talks in time to be printed in the
proceeedings
6) Get the slides to be posted on the web site
7) Probably other things I don't remember now.

So in order to start organizing - or at least to see if there is
enough interest in the communities to have a conference please let me
know if you are interested in being
the conent manager for one of the languages.

regards
  Gabor
  http://www.osdc.org.il/

--