Anyone use "*class factories*" or the new "*metaclass*" paradigm?

I'm doing something in python, pretty core data stuff and I think I've coded
something that would have been easier if I'd known about the concept of
class factories instead of using sub classing.

Is it something you do often as python programmer.  Or is it a once in a
while thing, where standard inheritance is the best way forward.

>From my understanding of it.  It's similar to the MObject and MFn concept in
Maya.

-Dave

--