I added a sys.platform == "darwin" case to both scripts, and on osx 10.6.8
with maya 2012 this seems to work fine and repeatedly when I just use the
wingHotKeys module from a terminal (I dont use wing).

I'm curious why the scripts go through so much trouble to set up raw low
level sockets on a platform specific basis. The python telnetlib works
beautifully with very little setup and I would think the underlying code
would handle platform specific issues:

from telnetlib import Telnet

telnet = Telnet()
# I have a mel port on 7001 and a python port w/ pickle on 7002
# Leaving the host empty will connect on localhost automatically
telnet.open("", "7002")
telnet.write("cmds.ls()")
result = telnet.read_very_eager()
telnet.close()

Those scripts aren't really the cleanest or most efficient. For instance,
in the executeWingCode module, there is no reason to open the temp file
twice. The whole thing could be cleaned up I am sure. So I am not really
certain where your problem is, as it does work fine for me.