I've not been active on this forum for a while, but blurdev actually have
already created a copy of the the framelayout maya widget.  I used it as a
base and tweaked the look so it matches Maya's dark UI exactly a couple of
years back.

A quick search and I get this link

http://pastebin.com/mZ04q16h

I'll have to sort out a git version with the Maya styling and post it here.

*David Moulder*
Technical Animator / Artist
squis...@gmail.com
*Professional Profile <http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/david-moulder/1/b12/b5a>*