Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. Please bear with me if my question sounds too vague.

Trying to create a simple spreadsheet-like interface to list the value of
selected attribute and be able to update/feed the user input value back to
the attribute shown in Attribute Editor.

Here is the mock up code.

import maya.cmds as cmds

cmds.window(title = "test window", w=400, h=600, mxb=False, mnb=False)
mainLayout = cmds.columnLayout(w=400, h=600)
cmds.tabLayout(imw=5, imh=5)
vrayMtlList = cmds.ls(type = "VRayMtl")
cmds.columnLayout("Material matte ID", w=400, h=600)

for vrayMtl in vrayMtlList:
    if cmds.objExists(vrayMtl + ".vrayMaterialId"):

        currentMatteID = cmds.getAttr(vrayMtl + ".vrayMaterialId")

        matteIdValue = cmds.intFieldGrp(numberOfFields = 1, label=vrayMtl +
"_matteID", value1 = currentMatteID)

cmds.showWindow()

I was able to get a simple GUI with integer fields show up with current
VRay material multimatte ID displayed.
I want the Attribute Editor multimatte be updated when users type in new
multimatte ID and press the "Enter" or hit a "Button", but could not figure
out how.
I have tried to define a function to be called in the intFieldGrp or see if
I missed a flag that can achieve this easily.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!