Hi Marcus, thanks for the link, seems to re-enforce everything I've found
so far, might ping the devs a mail, see if there's been any movement on
this front in the api since that post.

I've been digging too, and am still not satisfied with any of the
solutions. MObjectHandles not being unque puts that out of the question.
Adding a UUID to the nodes is great as it means everything is unique,
except if you duplicate that node, you now have 2 nodes with the same UUID
as I store it on the attrs of the node. At the moment the Cache is looking
at the UUID and using that as the key in the cache, so what I'm thinking is
that I change the UUID on the node everytime it gets added to the cache
itself, so the cache adds the data and is responsible for it. Now this
works as it means any nodes being added to the cache are always unique,
until you bloody duplicate the damn node. I'm thinking of hooking to the
callback on duplicate, but then there's bound to be more instance where
this breaks so it doesn't seem the best option.

I can't believe there's not a simple solutions that's blatantly obvious for
this, any more insights guys?