Hey Guys,

I am building my own Maya menu through userSetup.py ...

I have written another python script which is basically just a pySide
class. I want to call this script from the menu created in userSetup.py.

There is no main function .. just the class that gets instantiated at the
bottom of the script with the following code. The script runs fine when run
from the script editor.

Any insight would be awesome.

if __name__ == "__main__":

    try:
        cam_ui.deleteLater()
    except:
        pass

    cam_ui = smRealCameras()

    try:
        cam_ui.create()
        cam_ui.show()
    except:
        cam_ui.deleteLater()
        traceback.print_exc()

I get this error in the command window when Maya launches ...

Failed to execute userSetup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"K:\ifs\resources\3D_resources\workgroups\maya_workgroup\net_modules\sm_module\scripts\userSetup.py",

line 11, in <module>
    from create_cam_class import smRealCameras
  File
"K:\ifs\resources\3D_resources\workgroups\maya_workgroup\net_modules\sm_module\scripts\create_cam_class.py",

line 36, in <module>
    class smRealCameras (QtGui.QDialog) :
  File
"K:\ifs\resources\3D_resources\workgroups\maya_workgroup\net_modules\sm_module\scripts\create_cam_class.py",

line 37, in smRealCameras
    def __init__(self, parent=maya_main_window()):
  File
"K:\ifs\resources\3D_resources\workgroups\maya_workgroup\net_modules\sm_module\scripts\create_cam_class.py",

line 33, in maya_main_window
    return wrapInstance(long(main_window_ptr), QtGui.QWidget)
TypeError: long() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

... here is my userSetup.py that builds the menu

import traceback

import maya.cmds as cmds
import maya.mel as mel
import maya.utils as utils

import sm_CreateProjectPlugin

from sm_CreateProjectPlugin_Maya_v0003 import *

import create_cam_class
from create_cam_class import smRealCameras

cmds.evalDeferred("build_menu()")

def build_menu():
if cmds.menu('sm_menu', exists=1):
cmds.deleteUI('sm_menu')
sm_menu = cmds.menu('sm_menu', parent='MayaWindow', tearOff=True,
allowOptionBoxes=True, label='[===smoke && mirrors===]')
cmds.menuItem( divider=True)
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu,  subMenu = True, label="Pipeline
  ")
cmds.menuItem(l="create project", c = createProjectWindow)
*cmds.menuItem(l ="real cams" c = smRealCameras)*
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu, divider=True)
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu, subMenu = True, label="Rendering",
enable=True)
cmds.menuItem(label="setup passes")
cmds.menuItem(label="render manager")
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu, label="Modeling",enable=False)
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu, label="Lighting",enable=False)
cmds.menuItem(parent=sm_menu, divider=True)

Mike