Thanks Justin.

Passing the display did not make a difference, possibly because the docker
image is being run in yet another virtual machine that also does not have a
window manager installed. The goal is to run this on something like Travis.

The gdb route seems promising. I just can't wrap my head around how to use
it with mayapy, or how to pass additional flags to mayapy like a script so
it can run on its own. :S Passing just the above causes gdb to sit and wait
until I force quit with CTRL-Z.

What am I doing wrong?

*Marcus Ottosson*
konstrukt...@gmail.com