Hi all,

I'm trying to switch some of our base toolset so that the main UI (cmds
built) now docks correctly in the same tab as the channelBox rather than
docking to the right side of the main Maya UI. The ChannelBox is now a
workspaceControl so I havce to call the UI through that as below, it's a
bit of a pain to switch the ui over but I hate the fact that the right
dockControl space is now the entire length of the Maya UI, and outside of
everything else.

So I did the following to make the UI tab into the workspace of the
channelBox:

element=mel.eval('getUIComponentDockControl("Channel Box / Layer Editor",
false);')
windowcall='myUIFunc'
cmds.workspaceControl(animUI.workspaceCnt, label="Red9_Animation",
                                      uiScript=windowcall,
                                      tabToControl=(element, -1),
                                      initialWidth=355,
                                      initialHeight=720,
                                      retain=False,
                                      loadImmediately=False)

cmds.workspaceControl(animUI.workspaceCnt, e=True,vis=True)  # ensure we
set visible
cmds.workspaceControl(animUI.workspaceCnt, e=True, mw=355)  # set
minimumWidth
cmds.workspaceControl(animUI.workspaceCnt, e=True,  r=True)  # raise

Now that all works but I'll be damned if I can find a way to control and
lock the width of this UI. If I go to the modelling tab and then my tab the
ui is the correct width, presumably because I set the minimumWidth flag.

However, if I go to the attributeEditor tab, then mine the ui remains the
width of the attributeEditor. There's width query flags in the
workspaceControl, but no edit.

So the question is, how the hell do you set a base width that is respected
for these?

cheers

Mark