On Thu, Feb 22, 2018, 6:46 AM Paul Molodowitch <elron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM Justin Israel <justinisr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I'm not really familiar with existing other projects that provide this.
>> It's always been just a thing you have to rewrite at the next studio.
>>

> Only other one I'm aware of is one by mikros:
>
> https://github.com/mikrosimage/sequenceparser
>
> No idea how about it's features, etc... by the time I learned about it, we
> already had an established library we were using internally.  Good to get
> more alternatives out there for people starting up new pipelines (or
> perhaps looking to swap out their solution for something else), though!

Thanks for that! Took a look to see what it does. It has a few minor
overlapping concepts with fileseq, but not too much. They seem to focus on
slightly different features. SequenceParser looks like it wants to deal
with telling you what is under a given directory, and the number of
consecutive frames ranges each sequence has, and stats info.
Fileseq tends to focus on expressing more complex frame range patterns,
since it is common for renders to say render on 10s, "1-100x10" . Or to
later submit a range that back fills those on-10s renders, "1-100y10". Or
even to submit a range that prioritises 10s first and then the rest,
"1-100:10".
Also, the formats map to Nuke and Katana concepts with # and @ padding,
stepping, and non contiguous ranges, "1-10,15,21,33,50-100x2".

But you are totally right. It's out there so that a new pipeline doesn't
have to yet again write this same code.