On Sat, Dec 22, 2018, 1:58 PM kiteh <kiteh.0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of `class MyTabBar(QtGui.QTabBar)`, I created it as `class
> MyTabBar(QtGui.QMainWindow)` and a new variable solely for `QTabBar` and it
> works...

If you want a composable widget for use in other windows and dialogs then
you probably want QWidget as your base class. QMainWindow is heavier and
meant for top level windows that need menus, toolbars, statusbar, a central
widget, and dock window support.

> Even so, (as I am not sure) , generally, to use `QTabBar`, does it always
> go along with the use of `QTabWidget`?

Read the docs

http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qtabwidget.html#details

'A tab widget provides a tab bar (see QTabBar) and a "page area" that is
used to display pages related to each tab.'

So, one uses the other to compose into a larger widget with more
functionality.