Hi Justin,

I was looking at the use of `threading` while waiting for replies.
I tried the following:

import threading
from maya import cmds
t = None

def run_check():
    global t
    t = threading.Timer(5.0, run_check)
    t.start()
    get_panels()

def get_panels():
    for pane in cmds.getPanel(visiblePanels=True):
        print '>>> pane: ', pane

run_check()

It seems to be running and printing out the correct results on the first
run, but as soon as the next 5 seconds is up, instead of expecting the same
results, I got the following error:
# # Exception in thread Thread-8:
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File
"/builds/python_maya/2.7.11/852a2c8c4f/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line
801, in __bootstrap_inner
#     self.run()
#   File
"/builds/python_maya/2.7.11/852a2c8c4f/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line
1073, in run
#     self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
#   File "<maya console>", line 11, in run_check
#   File "<maya console>", line 29, in test
TypeError: Flag 'visiblePanels' must be passed a boolean argument

Pretty sure that I am passing a boolean argument into `visiblePanels`...
Any ideas?