Yes, that's not an issue. The version of Maya you build for is determined
by the SDK you use, e.g. the Maya 2020 SDK for Maya 2020 plug-ins. The only
thing to bear in mind is that the compiler version needs to match the Maya
compiler version, so VS 2015 or 2019 for Maya 2018-2022. You can't build
for Mac with VS.