The normal .py association on Windows is done with a couple of registry
values:

1. Create a key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.py
2. Set the default value of this key to: Python.File
3. Create a key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\open\command
4. Set the default value to: "C:\Python24\python.exe" "%1" %*

Windows CE is the same but the command might be: "\Program
Files\PythonCE\python.exe" "%1"

You could make .pyw work on WinCE by creating a key HKCR\.pyw and another
like HKCR\Python.File.NoShell, with the appropriate command line. In fact I
may do this in the next version of the PythonCE installer.

There are several ways to edit the registry. I've used two:
1. Total Commander, a free file manager for WinCE that includes a registry
editor
2. Remote Registry Editor from MS eMbedded Visual C++

I've also used this command line console:
http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/

Luke