Hello list members.
  Recently our project (Java based) grew into the mobile devices range.
  However the devices had a serious flaw (for us): the Windows CE
operating system.
  For some time we were able to develop based in the Pocket IE
available on the device and use an AJAX+Server-Side approach to do our
work.

  Recently we hit some use cases where this approach would not work,
or would need serious development in order to provide the needed
interaction requirements.

  We could not find a Java VM to suit our needs, and development using
Microsoft's development frame is a No-No for us.

  That is why I undertook the challenge to evaluate Python based development.

  Here I took my first blow... The files on the SourceForge site did
not install on the device.
  The device is: http://www.mobilecompia.co.kr/en/sub01/sub01_1.php
  It features Windows CE 5.0 on an Intel XScale PXA processor with a
number of crucial features for our application (WLAN, WWAN, Barcode
scanner).

  Since we are working with Linux/BSD workstations I was unable to try
the Active Sync method, and was forced to download the CAB files,
however when trying to install the application I get a 'Setup Failed'
message:

>  The application cannot run on this device type.
>  Please install the application specific to this device type.

  This is with both CAB files:
  PythonCE-25-20061219.PPC2003_ARM.CAB
   and
  PythonCE.WM.CAB

  I tried also the 'Pocket PC Python' from
http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PocketPCPython/Overview
  That WORKS! But since it's Python 2.2 the GUI toolkits refuse to
work (no annotations?).

  Can you please advise further?