Hi John,

>From what I remeber from earlier endeavours is that PythonCE doesn't come with
>the ssl module.

To build the module you'll need to build OpenSSL for your device and then
compile Python's ssl module.

This was a while ago though, things may have changed.

Ingmar

Ps. Sorry if this reply is above the original message. Blackberry doesn't give
me any options.

------Original Message------
From: John Hampton
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: pythonce@python.org
Subject: [PythonCE] HTTPS support in httplib
Sent: Oct 7, 2008 08:22

All,

I'm developing an application for the handheld that uses xmlrpc lib.
I'd really like to use https://, however, if I try, it complains:

NotImplementedError: your version of httplib doesn't support HTTPS

So, has anyone implemented https support?  Or does anyone have any
pointers as to where I need to start looking to provide such support?

I'm using PythonCE-2.5-20061219.  Thanks.

-John