Bob Ippolito wrote:
Also, Mac OS X has only been around a few years and there aren't many people working on making it better (though I'm sure there are lots of people using it), so you can't really expect a best of breed solution just yet.

True, but frankly, the IDE situation is not that much better on Linux or Windows.

Speaking of Java, there's also Eclipse, which has Python support.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm still looking for the holy grail of the same IDE on OS-X, Linux and Windows....Eclipse looks promising.

Troy Rollins wrote:
Ha. Fair enough. I guess my point is mostly that Python seems pretty
mature, and yet still manages to be scattered.

Well, C and C++ are pretty mature, but if want scattered pieces...Remember, Python is a language, not a development environment, and not a commercial product. And these are good things.

-Chris

-- Christopher Barker, Ph.D. Oceanographer NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice 7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

[EMAIL PROTECTED]