On 12-apr-05, at 20:49, Mathieu Lecarme wrote:

There is a win32 project http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/
But on Mac Quicktime know how to grab picture from a webcam. HackTV seams to be a nice example for that.
How can i take a picture (not a movie) from a webcam with macPython?

The Quicktime module should be able to do this, if you're using 2.4.1. If you're still using 2.3 you can download and install the new Quicktime module through Package Manager or from Bob's package list. For the documentation you read Apple's C quicktime docs, and remember that a C function like "FooBarMovie(Movie *m, int x, int y)" will be represented in Python as a method of the Movie object, i.e. call m.FooBarMovie(x, y).

And the same question as I asked in a similar thread last week: the quicktime module should be able to handle capturing, but I've never had any feedback that it actually works. So please report back here.
--
Jack Jansen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack