altern wrote:
Michael Hudson wrote:
The way you ask the question suggests you don't know Python especially
well.  As Bob says, there are likely better ways to acheive your goal.

any tips about those other ways?

A) this is more of a topic for comp.lang.python, but as long s we're here...

B) We can't help you without knowing what it is you're trying to do. No one needs to "change the base class of a class" for it's own sake. Clearly, you have something you need to accomplich, and you thought that might be a way to do it. If you tell us what you need to accomplish, we might be able to suggest a way to do it.

C) just guessing, but maybe what you want is a factory function, which will create the class you need on the fly. A search for "factory" and python should get you something.