>than one way, but I think the most common is to create a file called
>.profile, and put it in your home directory. Put in this line:
>
>export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

I'd use '.bashrc' or '.bash_profile', because 'export' is bash syntax --
'.profile' should be read by any shell, and tcsh (e.g. default in OSX 10.2)
doesn't understand that.
BTW this file lives in you home folder (~ = /Users/yourname).

If you don't know how to edit 'invisible' files (file name starting with a dot):
You can see them with 'ls -al' and rename them with 'mv .dotname othername'
(then open with TextEdit and rename again afterwards).

If you want to check which python you're using, try 'which python'.

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.