Stewart Midwinter(e)k dio:
>> From: altern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] indentation problem
>> hi all
>>
>> i have been developing some tutorials with PyOxide and now i find that
>> when i open them on Smultron the indentation is wrong.
>
> I use Smultron as well.  What do you mean, "the indentation is wrong"?
>  Too much indentation, not enough?
>
>> It tried to fix the indentation in one but there is something wrong
>> under the hood because then it complains at end of lines, it says the
>> syntax is wrong,
>
> What complains, Smultron?  What's the exact error message?

sorry. the exact problem was that something like this in pyoxide

def a():
        if x:
                pass

would look like this in smultron

def a():
        if x:
        pass

if i indented the pass line, then when running the code i got an error
saying there was wrong syntax at the line return after "if x:"

But i solved this by changing the default option to save tabs as spaces
in PyOxide, now Smultron opens them ok.

thanks for the tips