On 10/9/12 5:26 AM, Ned Deily wrote:
I've done some extensive building and bisecting of Fossil checkins to
the tk-cocoa-8-5-backport branch and have isolated the regression to a
particular checkin.  I've opened Tk issue 3575664 with the details and
provided a debug crash dump.

I've done some additional testing of this in Tk, and cannot reproduce the crash. Also, this sample Tkinter script runs without any crash:

#######
from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()

w = Label(root, text="Hello, world!")
w.pack()

def showPreferences():
    top = Toplevel()
    top.title("About this application...")

root.createcommand('::tk::mac::ShowPreferences', showPreferences)
root.mainloop()
########

I think the culprit is somewhere in IDLE's internals, but I can't be sure. If the bug is in Tkinter's internals, this script should crash, but it doesn't. Please try it to confirm.

At this point I'm not sure what else to suggest.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin