I’m a happy user of py2app and thanks to all the work that has gone into py2app.

I’m using py2app to package a couple of apps that use PyQt and pytz.

I found that the resulting app  has the .dylib files in the python35.zip.
Is that correct? I had assumed that .dylib files need to be in the .app
as files, is there a trick to run them out of the .zip file?

I have been copying in the PyQt .dylib, plugins etc into the .app with
a script that adds these in Contents/Frameworks etc after fixing up the RPATHs.

For pytz to work in a py2app .app pkg_resources needs to work and it
does not. Is this a known issue? I worked around it with a stub pkg_resources
package that reached into the python35.zip and pulled out the zoneinfo files.

It seems that py2app will package up all the files in a package, not just the
.py files. Is that the algorithm that is used?

Barry