Hi,

PyUSB is almost ready for its first beta release. I still need to fix
some regressions in Windows 7 and would like to know if someone can
perform tests on *BSD and Mac OSX.

PyUSB is not yet feature complete, but keeping it in *alpha* does not
reflect its code maturity, so I decided to move it to *beta* stage and
continue the development there.

As we are going from alpha to beta, I wouldn't like to release it with
serious regressions, so I ask everyone who can to test your apps with
the latest code.

We now have some support for openusb and isochronous transfer in
libusb(x) 1.0. Before stable release, there still some stuff to be
implemented:

1 - openusb: we have a basic working openusb backend, but I am
experiencing hangs on certain control transfers. But as openusb hasn't
been so popular, this is not a showstopper, I can postpone openusb
backend to a 1.0.1 version, no problem.

2 - legacy module: I still need to carry more tests with the legacy
module and write unit tests for them. There is also a buffer treatment
implementation that is pending.

3 - isochronous transfers for libusb-win32: I intend to implement this
before 1.0 release, although depending how much time this release will
take, I can postpone it to after stable version.

--
Best Regards,
Wander Lairson Costa