On 29. 07. 2014 18:51, Wander Lairson Costa wrote:
> Unfortunately, PyUSB doesn't have async support yet :(
>

>> Ouch...
>>
>> So what can be done?
>> Direct acess to lubusb? Is it possible to make callback in python?!?
>> Or another library in c is way to go?!?
>>
>> any hint?
>>
> For PyUSB there is nothing to be done on short term, but you can try
> [1]. It is a thin Python wrapper around libusb 1.0.
>
> [1] https://github.com/vpelletier/python-libusb1
>
> Best Regards,
> Wander Lairson Costa

Ok I managed somehow to work in linux but now I stuck as I can't manage
ro run in windows.
I know that I use python-libusb1

https://github.com/vpelletier/python-libusb1

and this should work with libusb1.0 (but not libusb-win32). But I don't
know how to test if this is libusb or libusb-win as both dll have same
name? And seems that I use wrong dll (btw it's near impossible to find
precompiled libusb-1.0.dll to be not libusb-win32 type??)

Does someone have links to working solution? (ie python wrapper to
libusb and correct libusb, to be able to work in linux and win with
async support?)

Thanks.