Actually, libusb is available on Yocto Linux:

root@clanton:~# ls /lib/ | grep libusb
libusb-0.1.so.4
libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
libusb-1.0.so.0
libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0

But still, every time I call my script, I always have this error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pyru824.py", line 71, in <module>
    RFID_READER = usb.core.find(idVendor=VENDOR_ID, idProduct=PRODUCT_ID)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 1199, in find
    raise ValueError('No backend available')
ValueError: No backend available

Kind regards,
Budi