Hi,

I've already tried to ask on #fedora-qa, but I think the mailing list is
the better medium to discuss this. Thanks to jskladen for answering.

We've been looking into Taskotron and Resultsdb for a while and would
like to deploy an instance running RPMGrill[1] and become contributors.

I assume, running rpmgrill in Taskotron could mean, that each rpmgrill
test result translates to an entry in Resultsdb as an outcome (PASSED,
FAILED). Yet the question for the developer as to why it failed is
important.

I have mainly three main questions around Taskatron and specifically
Resultsdb:

1. Ed Santiago is currently running RPMGrill here:

    http://rpmgrill-fc20.edsantiago.com:5000/recent

  which in terms of presenting results to the user provides a different
  experience. The results are grouped by test and provide more insight
  as to why a test failed. Test results in Resultsdb currently seem to
  have only one outcome and technical details are left on the build
  master.

  How does a representation like RPMGrill translate into Resultsdb? Are
  there plans/ideas on how to provide a more diversified result
  representation in Resultsdb (e.g. error reason, hint on how to solve
  an error).

2. Are there plans/ideas about implementing a (fulltext-) search over
  results?

3. Are there plans/ideas on implementing a waiver mechanism?

[1] - https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/rpmgrill.git

PS: Yes - I'm aware that there is already a bitbucket repository of
rpmgrill for Taskotron, but have only had a quick glimpse at it.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
--
Róman Joost
Software Engineer, HSS - Software Engineering and Development (Brisbane)