On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 06:35 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> One of the things that seems like it is and will be a pain point for
> folks writing package-specific tasks is how to work through the times
> when there was an issue in the task and things didn't run well. At the
> moment, the only solution we have is to re-build the affected package
> or to pester an admin to re-run the trigger - neither of which is an
> ideal answer.
>
> I was thinking about how to improve this in the near future and am
> wondering about adding a "reschedule" button to execdb jobs:
>
>   1. authenticated user clicks on "reschedule" button
>   2. execdb makes an api call to the buildmaster to find the parameters
>      which were used for that task
>   3. using the data from 2), execdb starts a new job for just that
>      item and item type
>
> I'm not thrilled at the idea of code duplication here between trigger
> and execdb but compared to figuring out a web interface for trigger,
> this seems like a more tractable solution for the short/medium term.
>
> Thoughts?

One thought: we actually have the same problem for openQA, now it's
running tests on updates. This isn't very visible at present so devs
haven't been asking about it, but I suspect as soon as the results show
up in Bodhi, someone will be wanting a 're-run test' button. I'm not
sure how far we could share any part of implementing it, though...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey