Hello Adam,

I identified two tests that randomly failed on openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org (1)&(2)

We do not have such problem in our IBM intranet openQA.

So I am wondering if difference could be related to configuration/software versions differences of P9 hosts.

Our P9 is installed with f31, but no updates since 03/17
===
$rpm -qa |grep -iE ^'kernel-header|qemu-kvm|slof' |sort
kernel-headers-5.5.8-200.fc31.ppc64le
qemu-kvm-4.1.1-1.fc31.ppc64le
SLOF-0.1.git20191022-1.fc31.noarch
===

From last autoinst-log.txt and serial0.txt it seems you have same slof older kernel and specific qemu.
Do you have other specific changes ?
===
Linux 5.3.16-300.fc31.ppc64le
qemu-4.2.0-1.fc31.infra
SLOF release 20191022
===

(1) server flavor install_default_upload, failed only one time (last compose 20200402)
https://openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org/tests/794105#step/_console_wait_login/8

(2) server flavor upgrade_2_minimal, failed multiple times
https://openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org/tests/794304#step/_console_wait_login/22
https://openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org/tests/794304#next_previous

--
Michel Normand