On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com> wrote:
> -1
>
> 4.0 isn't out yet, how can 4.1 be discussed??

Think of it this way:  OpenOffice has the ability to receive automatic
notifications of new releases.  So when 4.1 is ready (some unknown
time in the future) then AOO 4.0 users will automatically receive a
pop-up message saying that they have an upgrade available.   Although
the code will not be executed until 4.1 is ready (some unknown time in
the future) the update notification code is in AOO 4.0.  So we need to
find a way to test that code now, before AOO 4.0 ships.  This is true
even though the code will not trigger until 4.1 is ready.  If we wait
until 4.1 is ready it will be too late.

-Rob