Hi,

The current installation instructions [1] (last updated on 2014-03-26) does
not differentiate the clean installation and upgrade installation for
Windows, thus it does not state the option to keep or delete the old
version for an upgrade installation.

I propose development update the installation instructions [1] when submit
the fix to bug 124599 [2], to provide what is expected to see with details
as below:

1. Upgrade from old version to relative new version (e.g. from 3.3 to
3.4.1, from 3.4.1 to 4.1.0, from 4.0.0 to 4.1.0, etc)
2. Specify the different behavior/experience on all platforms (Windows,
Linux and Mac) - I do not see problems in the current instructions on Linux
and Mac, but need confirmation

That is essential, because for testers we need this as criteria for
testing, and for end users we need this as instructions for guiding.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#winoverview
[2] Issue 124599 - Windows 4.1.0 installer does not recognize former
versions correctly

--
Regards,
Yu Zhen