[orcmid]

Had you installed my PGP key (in the current KEYS file)?
How did you download the .asc file?

[ ... ]

> [knmc]
> In section 10 of the procedure section the line "Open the folder
> selected in step (7)" should read "Open the folder selected in step (8)"
>
> On the whole I found the README difficult to follow with information out
> of sequence and extraneous information such as not accepting help from
> unsolicited phone calls. Not bad information, just out of place in a
> process document. Now that I have some available time I will get out my
> "blue pencil" and mark-up the document.
[orcmid]

Note that someone has already spell-checked the document and I will do so in
the future.

And all suggestions are welcome.

> One improvement for the average user would be to automate the process
> with a .bat file that could find the proper folders and do the copy and
> rename procedures.
[orcmid]

Oh duhhhhhhhhhh!

Yes, there is no reason a .bat file can't be included in the package.  With
"Run as Administrator" that should also relieve the pain for folks on
non-Administrator accounts who are able to provide/select administrator
credentials.

I would leave the longer instructions, perhaps in an Appendix, for those who
prefer the manual procedure or who otherwise have reservations/problems about
running a script.

Something to work on over the next day or two while also gaining more results
from the current testing.